These baked chocolate lava pancake pots (what a mouthful, literally) are all the right kinds of indulgent. They're the perfect blend of gooey, chocolatey and slightly crispy. They're also gluten-free and vegan friendly, so anyone can enjoy them. Prepare them as per the recipe, or cook the batter as you would regular pancakes. Enjoy!
Vegan - Dairy-free - Gluten-free
(Makes enough for 2)
- 1 cup buckwheat or oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon nut butter or tahini
- 1 cup plant milk, start with 3/4 cup and add more if needed
- Generous pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chia or flax seeds
- 1 heaped tablespoon of cacao powder
- 4 squares Fungirl Chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C, fan forced.
- Add all of the batter ingredients to a blender (starting with just 3/4 cup milk, adding more if needed) and blend until smooth, you are looking for a thick-ish batter, so the chocolate won't sink.
- Get two oven-safe ramekins and fill them just over half full
- Place the chocolate squares on top, then pour over the rest of the batter, filling the ramekins about 3/4 way full - remember they will rise. *Depending on the size of your ramekins, you may have a little leftover, in which case, make a third pot. Or, the batter will keep until the next day in the fridge - you can make regular pancakes with this batter too.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the top of your baked pancakes are firm and golden.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt, chocolate shavings and seasonal fruit of your choice.