This is the cookie of your dreams - soft, warm, chocolatey, and loaded with peanut butter! Eat it warm, maybe add ice cream or have it alone with a cup of tea - however you do it, it's gonna be a good time.
Makes: 1 extra large cookie
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 overripe banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (can substitute for a GF flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Generous pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup Fungirl chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 6 pieces Fungirl choc, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ (180℃) and grease a small cast-iron skillet or round cake tin.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the peanut butter, mashed banana, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Combine well.
- Add in chopped chocolate pieces and fold the entire mixture until combined into a doughy ball (use hands to get in there).
- Put the batter into the skillet or tin and flatten. Place Fungirl pieces on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes and sprinkle with extra sea salt to serve.
Cookie can be kept in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.