Double Choc & Hazelnut Cookies
GF - DF - Vegan
Bet you didn’t think we could improve on the classic Chocolate Chip Cookie, huh? BOOM. Double Choc & Hazelnut, spiked with zesty orange, loaded with crunchy nuts and bursting with mind-bending, body-loving Lion’s Mane benefits. One bowl, three steps and ready in less than 10 minutes. What a time to be alive.
Makes: 12 cookies
- 1 cup chickpea (Besan) flour, sifted
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Zest of one orange (optional, but highly recommended)
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup Fun Girl chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ (180℃).
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the chickpea flour, almond meal, cacao powder, sea salt, baking powder, hazelnuts and chopped Fun Girl chocolate. Mix until well combined.
- Add the maple syrup and melted coconut oil and stir until mixture comes together.
- Using a spoon, take rounded tablespoons worth of cookie mixture and place on a lined baking tray. Roll into balls and gently flatten. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until just set around the edges. Sprinkle with extra sea salt to serve.
Cookies can be kept in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.